Choosing to be in the theatre was a way to put my roots down somewhere with other people. It was a way to choose a new family.
Write to email@example.com for more information
Preparations for The Hobbit made by members!
There are many ways to get involved with NWTC. You can:
- audition for one of our shows - we advertise these on this website and also send out mail-shots. It is NWTC's policy that all productions have open auditions. (Please note that if you are cast, you will need to become a member to perform in the show). The next audition will be for - - The Ripple Effect
- subscribe to our mailing list (to receive notices about auditions, forthcoming shows and events)
Join Us by becoming a member. As a member you can:
perform in our shows,
- propose/put on a show - members submit play proposals to the Committee for consideration and support
- support our Shout Out! integration project - currently open auditions being held 7 May
- enjoy reduced entry cost for NWTC productions,
participate in Cafe Villon evenings and/or play readings evenings. NWTC hold playreadings from time to time. Members receive information about these - if you have not yet joined and want to receive information then please subscribe to our e mail list.
contribute to and enjoy our newsletter
join us at our club social events and evenings
help us with shows and/or the running of the club. From makeup to set design and from minute taking to organising a venue the club is always happy to have help. If you have a particular interest or just want to learn more about a particular aspect of putting on a show please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us
- offer to be a contact person in a particular area in order to support other members who may want to chat to someone about various aspects (costumes, website, proposals etc). You can see the kinds of support members are offering on the members who support the Club page
gain access to our database of contacts and resources
be eligible to apply for sponsorship to attend a theatre-based course (as per Richard Chappell award) and
- have your say! As a member you are eligible to vote at the AGM, to propose others and be proposed for election onto the Committee (where you can play an integral part in running the club) and all members are welcome to attend Committee meetings (as an observer). In addition, members are invited to have their say by giving feedback via an annual membership survey.
To find out more about why people get involved have a look at the Cast and Crew Interviews - they may inspire you!